Artists and writers



The town of Brome Lake is developing a directory of its artists which will be available this year on the Town’s website.
Its purpose is to promote local artists, from the painter to the writer to the musician and the dancer. We would also like to give you access to the necessary resources to develop your practice. Therefore, festivals and cultural workers located in the Brome Missisquoi MRC are invited to register in the directory.
Eligibility criteria:
Being an artist in activity, i.e., having specialized training or being a member of a group (such as Art entre nous), a union, federation, group, society, association, organization; OR being a cultural institution based in Brome Lake, or an artistic or cultural festival located in Brome Lake or Brome Missisquoi, or a cultural worker based in Brome Lake or Brome Missisquoi.

1. Practicing an art form such as Visual arts (drawing, illustration, painting, photography, sculpture, engraving, textile arts, woodworking), craftsmanship, Literature, Performing arts (music, singing, miming, acting, circus arts, dance, cinema, puppet art), Digital arts, Design and Architecture;

2. Being a resident or having a gallery, studio, workshop or boutique in which to work or exhibit art. This space has to be located on the territory of Brome Lake (Bondville, East Hill, Foster, Fulford, Iron Hill, Knowlton and West Brome);

3. To have already presented your work in public.

For more information:

To submit your application to be part of the Artists’ Directory, please fill out the form below.

Preuves de lien parental ou de tutelle légale admissibles

  • Certificat de naissance;
  • Lettre gouvernementale d’allocation ou de prestations familiales;
  • Document légal attestant de la tutelle;
  • Carte d’hôpital;
  • Bulletin scolaire;
  • Tout autre document attestant du lien de parenté.

Reimbursement policy

Family income - Reimbursed %
Less than 45 000 $
45 001 $ to 55 000 $
55 001 $ to 65 000 $
More than 65 001 $

Accepted proofs of residency

  • Driver’s license;
    Municipal tax bill;
    Current insurance policy;
    Utility bill dated no more than three months ago (e.g., electricity, gas, cable, etc…)

Accepted proofs of parental relationship or legal guardianship

Birth certificate;
Government letter of family allowance or benefits;
Legal document attesting to guardianship;
Hospital card;
School report card;
Any other document attesting to the parental relationship